RE: Short Circuit Transfer for GMAW

John and all of you: Thanks very much for this and all the responses. I have
learned a great deal. I actually qualified in SMAW in a few positions way
back in the early 80s, when I was working for Chicago Bridge & Iron ("weld
school" was a requirement of their Engineer Advancement Program at that
time), which probably makes me one of a small minority of structural
engineers who've actually done it in a production setting, but I am still
woefully ignorant of so much concerning welding technology.

This was a marvelous tutorial, and confirms once again why this list is so
valuable.

Thanks again.

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company