From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 11:36 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Non-Standard Joist Seat

Several people have mentioned this, but I'm picking on you 'cause I like you
so much. :->>

Who in h*** depends on the joist seats to transfer the diaphragm loads? I
guess I'm way too conservative, then, because I ALWAYS use a collector
element. I NEVER rely on the joist seats for this purpose.

Am I just being too anal-retentive on this score?

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas
Phone 281-492-2251