RE: Non-Standard Joist Seat

Well, first of all, I'm not a "westie", I'm a "southie." But I do agree
that, living on the Gulf Coast as I do--I'm currently designing a small
building for 110 mph basic wind speed (three-second gust)--I do see lateral
load considerations as far more important.

Maybe if I only dealt with 90 mph and below, I wouldn't worry about it.

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas
Phone 281-492-2251