----- Original Message -----
From: "Lutz, James" <JLUTZ(--nospam--at)earthtech.com>
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2001 8:41 AM
Subject: RE: Low Concrete Quality
> I've never heard of compressive strength being expressed as kg/cm2.
> Shouldn't it be N/cm2 or MPa? 210 N/cm2 or 21 Mpa is around 3000 psi. (1
> = 6.894 MPa.)
Kg/cm2 is part of the metric system used in some countries. The others you
metioned are part of "System International", which is erroneously (I think)
referrd to as the metric system.
Oshin Tosounian, S.E.
Los Angeles, CA
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org