Re: Fastener for presure treated wood

Oshin Tosounian wrote:

------------Begin Quote--------------

----- Original Message -----
From: <Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com>
To: <smthengr(--nospam--at)sirius.com>; <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2001 7:50 AM
Subject: Re: Fastener for presure treated wood

> In a message dated 6/13/01 6:34:30 PM, smthengr(--nospam--at)sirius.com writes:
>
> << I don't think the code writers intended for sill plate
>
> anchors to be galvanized >>
>
> Then why did they specifically require it?  I'm no lawyer, but it seems to
me
> that anchor bolts are "fasteners."
>
> Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
> Richmond CA USA

Ralph,

The same question was raised last year and the answer was that the exception
got omitted from the 1997 UBC for un unknown reason. See below for a reply
from Doug Thompson on July 27, 2000 which I retreived from the archives.

Oshin Tosounian, S.E.
Los Angeles, CA

In a message dated 7/27/00 10:02:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time, SThompsonB