From: "Bill Polhemus" <bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc>
To: "SEAINT" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Fascinating Flood Photo
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 10:08:44 -0500

Click here to see an incredible photo of the aftermath of the Great Houston
Flood of '01.

What you're looking at are some of the brand-new underpass bridges over US
59 (the Southwest Freeway) just southwest of Downtown Houston. Bear in mind
that these bridges are about 20'-22' ABOVE the traffic lanes below. The
freeway here is a depressed section ("canyon") and is eight traffic lanes
wide!

IMO, we should have had some Venetian gondolas plying up and down the
freeway while the floodwaters were there!

http://www.polhemus.cc/graphics/us59.jpg

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas