From: 김양수 [mailto:kimslove(--nospam--at)kopec.co.kr]
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2001 9:58 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: ACI 318 -Construction Joint

Hello everyone

ACI 318-99 Code 6.4.4 described for construction joint as follows;

" Construction joints in floors shall be located within the middle third of spans
  of slabs, beams, amd girders."

1. Code dose not provide any exception for this requirements?
   ("shall be" - mandatory requirements)

2. If construction joint  was not located within the middile third of spans
  of slabs, beams, and girders, how can I evaluate the structural
  integrity and acceptance of construction joint location ?

Thanks in advance,
Yangsoo Kim