RE: Low Concrete Quality

Just a question about the use of silica fume. Isn't silica fume an admixture
that increases durability and provides significant strength gains in
concrete?  I thought it was one of the key ingredients in high strength
concrete and would be a bit skeptical of the contractor's claim of use of
this admixture since you're getting concrete in the range of 2000-2500 psi.

Michael Lo, P.E.
Associate
Structural Department
Einhorn Yaffee Prescott - NYC