I have become acquainted with the "generic" form of designating certain
cold-formed steel shapes--studs, tracks, U-shapes and furring channels
("hats"). I think the "generic" designations are those proposed by the Steel
Stud Manufacturers Association (SSMA).
I was wondering if there is a similar form of designation for other CFS
shapes such as angles and zees? Or are these still "non-standard" shapes?
William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org