Old Steel Properties

Marlou,

There is a very slight difference in properties between the B18L35 and a
W18X35.  Here are the properties of the B18L35, as taken from Bethlehem's
"Structural Shapes" dated 1967:

   A  =  10.30 in^2
   d  =  17.71 in
   Ixx  =  512.3  in^4
   Sxx  =  57.9   in^3
   rxx  =   7.05  in
   Iyy  =  15.4   in^4
   Syy  =   8.5   in^3
   ryy  =   1.22  in
   d/Asubf =  6.88

HTH

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Marlou Rodriguez wrote:

. > I have a steel shape that calls out B18L35, per structural drawings that
. > were dated 1969.  The shape that was drawn in the original drawings was a
. > wide flange, I am assuming it is similar to a W18x35.

. > Can someone please let me know if this is correct.