This is true for Japan.
I did some automotive machinery support plate girders and sub-grade access pit designs for massive komatsu machines manufactured in japan. Units were kg and kg-cm (kilograms of force) on the MFG drawings. I also learned the character for Scale !
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org