From: "Effland, Greg" <geeffland(--nospam--at)butlermfg.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Fascinating Flood Photo
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:20:51 -0500

I'll start off by first saying that I don't practice in Hydaulics or
Hydrology.  But when it rains like it did in the southern and eastern parts
of the US recently due to tropical storms where do you pump the extra water
to?  Don't think there are too many places to pump extra water to when
several square miles are flooded.  I think for these cases a "super" pump
would not be of benefit... now for cases were local flash flooding occurs,
better storm sewers and "super" pumps may be of benefit along with typical
levies, dams, flood gates, etc.

Seperate Subject - Were all of the structures in the flooded areas plan
checked for flood loads per ASCE 7?  -- Just Kidding....... :o)

My $0.02 worth (well maybe $0.01 worth in this case)
Greg Effland, P.E.
KC MO