From: syed faiz ahmad [mailto:syedfaiz23(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 4:05 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Fascinating Flood Photo

Greg

You may be right.In such extra ordinary situation even a super pump may not
work. But my question was (hydrology design & well designed catch basins are
necessary to train disposal of these water, but thats beside the point), in
such cases where water manages to accumulate in underpasses, there should be
well designed pumping mechanism to handle such problem. After all its human
life thats at stake!, regards.

SYED FAIZ AHMAD; MENGG, Mem ASCE
SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
SAUDI OGER LTD