Structuralist Announcement; FEMA 273, 274, 302a and 303a

I have posted links to the following documents which can be found in the
Technical Publications Forum of the Structuralist.Net Professional
Discussion Forum located at:
http://www.structuralist.net/cgi-local/UltraBoard/UltraBoard.cgi?action=
Headlines&BID=128&SID=13777

You MUST copy the entire link beginning with http:// and ending with
SID=13777. Leave no line returns or spaces between characters when
copying and pasting the link to the address bar of your browser or the
download will fail.

These document require Adobe Acrobat Reader or plug-in for your browser
(both free from http://www.adobe.com )to view. Clicking on the link when
the plug-in is installed will launch Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you wish
to download to your hard drive, right click on the links and choose
"Save File As" and provide a file name and location on your hard drive
to place the file.

The documents include:
FEMA 273 - 1997 NEHRP Guidelines for the Seismic Rehabilitation of
Buildings.
FEMA 274 - Commentary to the above document

FEMA 302a - NEHRP Recommended Provisions for Seismic Regulations for New
Buildings and Other Structures.
FEMA 303a - Commentary for the above Document.

FEMA 302 & 303 are stored on the Building Seismic Safety Council (BSSC)
server and available for download by hyperlink connection.
Due to the poor availability of FEMA 273 and 274 from various websites,
we have decided to store these two documents on the Structuralist.Net.
These are free documents and are also available from the Navfac website
and in chapters from the Degenkolb websites. The user is warned that
these documents are each over 4.0 Mb in size and may take a long time to
download without a fast Internet connection.

We will be adding links to other FEMA / NEHRP documents as they are made
available to the engineering community.

Regards,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
The Structuralist Administrator for:
http://www.structuralist.net
AEC-Residential Listservice
admin(--nospam--at)structuralist.net
(208) 361-5447 E-Fax
ICQ #95561393

The Structuralist is a Public, Professional and Educational website
devoted to issues on Housing. You are invited to participate or simply
visit our discussion forums at"

http://www.structuralist.net/cgi-local/UltraBoard/UltraBoard.cgi?action=

Please make sure that when you copy this link that you copy the entire
link beginning at http: and ending with Register. There should be no
spaces between any of the letters or characters.

subscription (always free). To subscribe please use the AutoList
subscription feature for the Polhemus.cc Listservices located at: