From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2001 9:42 PM
To: SEAINT; Aec-Residential@Polhemus. Cc
Subject: Q: How's Your Computer?

I'm sitting here doing my "Stuff" on my trusty old 400 MHz Celeron PC with
256MB of RAM and Windows 2000, and thinking about how my computer is, in
industry terms, "obsolete." Yet being a budget-conscious entrepeneur as I
am, I have no plans to replace it in the near future.

I'm wondering: Am I the exception, or the rule? Is it common among us,
especially those who pay for our own iron, to hang on to these boxes long
after the computer industry tells us they're obsolete? For myself, I really
have no problems with the speed of my comuter--but if I suddenly had a 1.5
GHz Athlon system plopped down in front of me, I may wonder why I never
upgraded!

I'd just be interested in some opinions.

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas
Phone 281-492-2251