Recently there was a question regarding code requirements for confinement at
the top of anchor bolts. The June 2001 issue of Concrete International lists
proposed revisions to ACI 318 for the 2002 revision. One of the proposed
revisions is to add a new Section 184.108.40.206 to require lateral reinforcement
within 5-inches of the top of member at anchor bolts, to control cracking in
the vicinity of the bolts.
William C. Sherman, PE
Camp Dresser & McKee, Inc.
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org