Re: Shoring Responsibility

You don't have control over the contractor's operations.  If you *dictate*
the shoring design, it opens the owner up for extras.

I will design the contractor's shoring, but he has to hire me to do it.  I
will coordinate with him on the method he would like to use, and we will
agree on an acceptable design.

You *did* say design-build.  If you're working for the contractor in a
direct-bill basis, I'd say it's okay, but you still need to coordinate
closely with him.  If you're hard-money, it's a contractor function -- He
has to pay someone to design the shoring, in either case.

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561