From: Davis Parsons <dparsons(--nospam--at)msc-engineers.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:51:30 -0500
If you are just transferring your hard drive information to a larger drive, the
Maxblast installation utility for Maxtor drives or EZ-Drive for Western Digital
drives make upgrading easy.
Just set your old hard drive jumpers to master and the new hard drive jumpers to
slave, put the new hard drive on one of your IDE channels and boot off the
installation disk. You can set up the new partitions and copy all information
off the old hard drive.
When the installation program is finished, you remove your old hard drive, reset
the jumpers and boot your computer off the new hard drive.
I have been doing this for years now and so far, have never lost any
Davis G. Parsons II, PE RA AEI
a practical structural engineer
in Fort Worth, Texas
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org