Re: Q: Moving To A Larger Hard Drive

Bill:

If you are just transferring your hard drive information to a larger drive, the
Maxblast installation utility for Maxtor drives or EZ-Drive for Western Digital
drives make upgrading easy.

Just set your old hard drive jumpers to master and the new hard drive jumpers to
slave, put the new hard drive on one of your IDE channels and boot off the
installation disk. You can set up the new partitions and copy all information
off the old hard drive.

When the installation program is finished, you remove your old hard drive, reset
the jumpers and boot your computer off the new hard drive.

I have been doing this for years now and so far, have never lost any
information.

--
Davis G. Parsons II, PE RA AEI
a practical structural engineer