From: Effland, Greg [mailto:geeffland(--nospam--at)butlermfg.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2001 13:38
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Metal Building Details

It has been a while since I last looked at the Newman book you had referred
to re: metal buildings.  Seems like it had a lot of general details from
various PEMB manufacturers.  That is probably your best bet if you want
general details to see how a situation might be handled.

Again I would have to say contact with the individual MB company on a per
job basis might be your best alternative if you need to know the exact
detail.  Many manufactures may have proprietary details or parts for many of
the areas you mentioned below and they tend to reuse them for various jobs.
There are not many standard *industry* details for most of them.

The variances are just too wide to give a detail for XX situation unless you
talk to the PEMB company directly.  If you are just looking to get in the
ballpark for some architectural drawings then the Details book you mentioned
may get you into the ballpark.

Hope this helps,
Greg Effland, P.E.
KC MO