Re: Q: Moving To A Larger Hard Drive

Bill -

If you're open to buying new software, try Norton Ghost.
It allows you to create drive images (excellent for backup &
recovery!) and you can also use it to "ghost" your old disk onto a
new one.  I've had excellent success distributing a "standard"
configuration on several of our machines at school with this
technique.  If you use it this way, be sure to get enough software licenses for
the number of "copies" you make.

Also, as Davis pointed out, many new drives come with disk
migration software that will "do it for you".  I had a problem
with a multi-boot (3 OS) disk that I migrated to a new western dig.
drive using their software, but have never had trouble with
migrating a single-boot machine.

HTH,

Charley

--
Charles Hamilton, EIT                   Graduate Student Researcher
University of California, Irvine        Email: chamilto(--nospam--at)eng.uci.edu