RE: Moving To A Larger Hard Drive

I don't have your original post. So, if what I am
saying is off on a tangent, please trash it.

I assume that you will buy a new computer with a new
HDD. In that case, the new computer will boot from the
new HDD. If so, the only thing you may have to do is
to add the old HDD in an available 3.5" spare space in
the new computer, and run it as a slave. Basically you
will be using the same EIDE cable for both the HDDs. I
am sure you can do that connection yourself. Insert
the system diskette (or Sytem CD) in the appropriate
drive, switch the computer on,interrupt the booting by
hitting the <del> key or whatever is recommended in
the new computer manual, to modify the hardware
settings, and rename the drive letter for your old
drive. If you did not do this, the computer will see 2
HDD designated as "C:". Save the configuration and
continue. I think that should do it.

Rajendran