RE: Welding specification

There is an excellent article in the May, 2001 Modern Steel Construction by
Duane Miller, "The Engineer's Responsibilities And The Structural Welding
Code."  It explains why the Structural Engineer should not just specify AWS
D1.1.  I recommend reading it.

WWW.MODERNSTEEL.COM

Rick Drake, SE
Fluor Daniel, Aliso Viejo, CA

****************************

                    "Bill Polhemus"
                    <bill@polhemus.      To:     <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
                    cc>
                    06/20/01 10:06       cc:
                    AM
                    Please respond       Subject:     RE: Welding specification.
                    to seaint
                                                                                                                 .

Not sure what you mean exactly, but I typically reference AWS D1.1 in my
Structural Steel Notes or Spec Section. That's really what it's for.

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas
Phone 281-492-2251