Re: Calculation submittals

Scott

The way I see it the Hyatt Regency Collapse has determined that the
responsibility of the connections is the EOR's.  I have done connection
calculations on projects that were required to be done by the contractor
and sealed by a PE (we were hired by the fabricator to provide the
design).  This is a way to put the responsibility of the connections on
the contractor.  However until a ruling is handed on this matter I do
not think that this method would transfer the liability from the EOR.  I
typically design my connections and detail them on the drawings (keep in
mind we have not done any large jobs either).

Mike