Re: Plywood stress in bending

The values will depend on the grade and orientation.  The APA publishes Technical Note N375B which contains the capacities that you are looking for....I think you might be able to purchase a copy from their website.

Ned Waltz, P.E.
Corporate Engineering
Technology Center
Trus Joist, A Weyerhaeuser Business
P.O. Box 8449
Boise, ID 83707

Ph:  (208) 332-4232
Fax: (208) 332-4220

>>> shafiz(--nospam--at)GFNET.com 06/20/01 04:30PM >>>
I 'm checking industrial shelving which is consist of 1/2 inch plywood,
other location has 3/4 in plywood. I need allowable stress in bending for
both thickness. You help is greatly appreciated.
*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org