From: richard lewis <rlewistx(--nospam--at)juno.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 11:58:13 -0500
I have a question regarding using ACI 188.8.131.52 check for the strong
column weak beam check. How is column slenderness accounted for in this
check. The ACI equation is :
sum Me >= (6/5) sum Mg
If I have a slender column, is Mg magnified somehow like in ACI 10.13.3?
If I used a P-Delta analysis to get Mg, does it have to be magnified for
this equation? How does the effective length factor 'K' factor into this
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less!
Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit:
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org