From: richard lewis [mailto:rlewistx(--nospam--at)juno.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 9:58 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Concrete Strong Column/Weak Beam

I have a question regarding using ACI 21.4.2.2 check for the strong
column weak beam check.  How is column slenderness accounted for in
this
check.  The ACI equation is :

sum Me >= (6/5) sum Mg

If I have a slender column, is Mg magnified somehow like in ACI
10.13.3?
If I used a P-Delta analysis to get Mg, does it have to be magnified
for
this equation?  How does the effective length factor 'K' factor into
this
check?

Rich
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!