1x1 tubes are available sometimes as A500 but more commonly A501. This
size is very common in stair framing for hand rails.
> Alden Manipula wrote:
> I have an architect calling out 1" x 1" steel tubes. But the smallest
> tube in my AISC manual is 1-1/2" x 1-1/2". It's my understanding that
> the manual lists all the available sizes fabricated, is this correct?
> or can she get 1" square steel tubes?
> Alden Manipula
> Structural E.I.T.
Forrest T. Braun, P.E.
BBFM Engineers, Inc.
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org