Re: Concrete Strong Column/Weak Beam

That is what puzzled me, "the flexural capacity of the columns is
affected by the coincident axial load".  Does it not matter how slender a
column is when you check the flexural capacity based on the axial
capacity?

I take an interaction diagram, go up to the axial load and then go across
to the curve boundary to find the moment capacity.  If it were a column
design the moment capacity would be the magnified moment.  In this check
it is just the moment capacity of the beam.

Rich