Piles and Pile Caps in the Air and Water in Seismic Zone 3 & 4

Good Morning Fellows:
I wonder if anyone had recent experiences and issues
with Prestressed piles
and pile caps elevated in the air and subject to wave
forces from the ocean
waters and earthquakes in Seismic zones 3 and 4. I am
interested in design
methods, reliability of battered piles, minimum depth of
embedment into the
ocean bed, lateral forces, connection details etc.
Say pile caps about 20 ft. above normal sea level and 5
ft. of normal sea
level to the seabed and supporting two to three stories
apartments.
I would appreciate any feedback that you may have on
this interesting
structural situation. Design methods that apply, Code
Compliance Issues,
Design References, Docummentary of failure of this type
of constrcution, and
any seismic related performance.
I appreciate your feedback Very Much in advance.
Thanks
Pedro R. Muñoz, Ph.D., P.E.
2 Lilac Lane
Haverhill, MA 01830