From: richard lewis <rlewistx(--nospam--at)juno.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 12:11:04 -0500
If I have calculated the load on an expansion anchor using 97 UBC it is a
strength design value. What values do I use to design expansion anchors?
The catalog gives allowable and ultimate level loads. The factor of
safety is about 4 for shear and tension. If I convert the strength load
to service level loads by UBC 1612.3.1 the conversion factor is 1.4.
What values are typically used for expansion anchors in seismic design?
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less!
Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit:
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org