I am pleased to announce that two new templates have been added to the
MathCad forum on the Software Productivity Discussion board of the
Structuralist.Net Services. These were created by Bill Polhemus SE using
the AISC LRFD Design Methods. You can find the files by pasting the
following link in the address section of your Internet browser:
YOU MUST COPY THE COMPLETE LINK WITHOUT SPACES OR LINE BREAKS BEGINNING
WITH HTTP:// AND ENDING WITH BID=68. If the link occurs on multiple
lines, you must copy each section to form one continuous address as
1. Round HSS Column Design using AISC LRFD Design Methods;
2. Welded Tee Flange Connection to Wide Flange Beam to HSS Column using
AISC LRFD Design methods.
Full descriptions are added as replies to the Template notifications on
There is some difficulty downloading MCD files from the bulletin board.
I have included special instructions for saving and launching the
MathCad files. Please read the replies to each post for additional
instructions and a description of each template.
Please keep your templates coming and I'll help you get them on the
server if you have any problems. My appreciation to all of you who have
helped this forum grow.
Dennis S. Wish, PE
The Structuralist Administrator for:
(208) 361-5447 E-Fax
The Structuralist is a Public, Professional and Educational website
devoted to issues on Housing. You are invited to participate or simply
visit our discussion forums at"
You may register on the Structuralist.Net at:
Please make sure that when you copy this link that you copy the entire
link beginning at http: and ending with Register. There should be no
spaces between any of the letters or characters.
Our Residential Listservice is open to all professionals in the building
industry and the discussions include code compliance issues as well as
quality of construction, prescriptive vs. full compliance, present and
future code development and more. The AEC-Residential List is by
subscription (always free). To subscribe please use the AutoList
subscription feature for the Polhemus.cc Listservices located at:
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org