From: Roger Turk <73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 00:56:39 -0400
Go get a DriveMax board from Promise (~$20.00). It is a BIOS upgrade board
that will permit you to use drives up to 128 GB.
Dalco has the boards in their general catalog.
BTW, if you partition the drive into 8.4GB partitions you should be able to
use the drive.
Bill Polhemus wrote:
. > Well, for all intents in purposes the point is now moot.
. > I bought the hard drive, and my attempts to install it have failed. The
. > new drive is a 40GB Maxtor. Put it in, nothing happened, I fiddled and
. > fooled, then read a bit, and finally came across some clues--not outright
. > information, but comments in passing.
. > My system apparently won't support a drive this size! I don't know what
. > size it WILL support, but it won't do this one! (The docs said something
. > about an 8.4GB barrier, but the drive it came with was 10GB, so that
. > can't be it). All I know is the 40GB won't work, and there is no newer
. > system bios available.
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org