RE: cast iron and aluminum compatiblilty

I'm not sure about Aluminium to Cast Iron but I do know that the potential
difference between aluminium and galvanised steel is between 290 & 460. This
usually means that below a potential difference of 500 you need no special
protective measures particularly if the joint is dry. Unfortunately here in
the UK a dry joint does not occur too often so I would suggest you consider
at least painting if not the use of something more sophisticated.