RE: Imperial Units

I believe Imperial Stan is correct.  My memory is that imperial units are
essential the inch-pound system that we use in the US.  I vaguely recall
that their might be some slight differences similar to the differences
between metric and SI.

You can look at the following link to give you some guidance:

http://www.ex.ac.uk/cimt/dictunit/dictunit.htm#UK

For comparison here is the same site "explaining" US units:

http://www.ex.ac.uk/cimt/dictunit/dictunit.htm#US

Overall, the above site (delete the #UK or #US) gives some rather useful
information on measurement units including conversions.

HTH

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI