RE: KeyLat from KeyMark

Does Simpson/Keybuild have a hourly rate for their modeling input service,
or is it based on the complexity of the job?

-----Original Message-----
From: chuckuc [mailto:chuckuc(--nospam--at)pacbell.net]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 6:14 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: KeyLat from KeyMark

Dennis-
Well said. Model input is the hard part--we're talking dimensions to the
1/16" & if some header or beam is too short, the model crashes. The
documentation is poor and the output is mind-numbingly volumious.  The
program also has some quirky little bugs that cause it to sometimes
inexplicably refuse to accept model changes.  There can't be more than a
bare handful of people who can really run the program.
The good news is that the Simpson/Keybuild modeling service is not too busy
and Teddy Taylor is really excellent at modeling.  I just finished two jobs
using them (after swearing I'd never go near the program again) and must say
I was fairly pleased with the results. Under the right circumstances I'll
probably use them again.  The price is right but I don't think it's a
long-term solution to the lateral analysis problem.
Chuck Utzman