Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Imperial Units

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Imperial Units generally means standard old U.S. units as compared to
metric units.  Your client probably does not want imported metric bricks.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Duke/Fluor Daniel

----- Forwarded by Tom Hunt/DFD on 06/25/01 02:16 PM -----
                    Roselund, SE"        To:     <seaint(--nospam--at)>                                               
                    <njineer@att.        cc:                                                                       
                    net>                 Subject:     Imperial Units                                               
                    01:52 PM                                                                                       
                    respond to                                                                                     

A client's specifications require the design of the project to be in
imperial units.

Is this a system of measurement?  What are its length/weight/force  units?

This is a project that involves brickwork, and I seem to recall that there
was a manufacturer of bricks that had  bricks of a special size and shape
that were called imperial bricks -- I suppose these specs could be
referring to  brick units.  But the existing bricks are commons, and the
context seems  to give imperial a meaning that is more probably related to
a system  of measurement.

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer
South San Gabriel, CA

*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you 
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
*   site at: