From: Tom.Hunt(--nospam--at)d-fd.com
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Imperial Units
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 14:19:28 -0700

Nels,

Imperial Units generally means standard old U.S. units as compared to
metric units.  Your client probably does not want imported metric bricks.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Duke/Fluor Daniel

----- Forwarded by Tom Hunt/DFD on 06/25/01 02:16 PM -----

                    "Nels
                    Roselund, SE"        To:     <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
                    <njineer@att.        cc:
                    net>                 Subject:     Imperial Units

                    06/25/01
                    01:52 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    seaint

A client's specifications require the design of the project to be in
imperial units.

Is this a system of measurement?  What are its length/weight/force  units?

This is a project that involves brickwork, and I seem to recall that there
was a manufacturer of bricks that had  bricks of a special size and shape
that were called imperial bricks -- I suppose these specs could be
referring to  brick units.  But the existing bricks are commons, and the
context seems  to give imperial a meaning that is more probably related to
a system  of measurement.

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer
South San Gabriel, CA