Okay, before you snort, guffaw, or otherwise evidence your disbelief that
one could pose a question so preposterous, remember that I'm (with deep
fascination, I assure you) endeavoring to get up to speed on CFS design, and
so the preposterous must invariably come up from time to time.
I want to make a "box section" column that will able to resist moments at
the base. I'm not sure if this is feasible, unless some sort of bizarre shop
fabrication were involved--which I want to get away from if at all possible.
Anyone have any ideas?
William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org