From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 5:51 PM
To: SEAINT; Aec-Residential@Polhemus. Cc
Subject: Q: Forming a "sweep" in CFS flexural member

Here's another question on CFS design and detailing, maybe not so
far-fetched.

I need to know if it is possible to form a "sweep" of a specified radius in
a CFS beam, perhaps a box beam, perhaps some other built-up type.

It seems like with curtain-wall designs being so versatile, this should be
fairly common (who make rectangular office buildings anymore?)

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas
Phone 281-492-2251