You might want to subscribe (for a little while at least) to the structural
steel detailers' list. This is a fairly common problem.
Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561
> From: Bill Polhemus <bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc>
> To: SEAINT <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>; Aec-Residential@Polhemus. Cc
> Subject: Q: Forming a "sweep" in CFS flexural member
> Date: Monday, June 25, 2001 7:51 PM
> Here's another question on CFS design and detailing, maybe not so
> I need to know if it is possible to form a "sweep" of a specified radius
> a CFS beam, perhaps a box beam, perhaps some other built-up type.
> It seems like with curtain-wall designs being so versatile, this should
> fairly common (who make rectangular office buildings anymore?)
> William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
> Polhemus Engineering Company
> Katy, Texas
> Phone 281-492-2251
> Fax 281-492-8203
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org