Re: The H-1B catch-22

Attention  SEAINT  List members:

following:

I recently sent a reply  (twice)  using the SEAINT.org list server.

BUT it doesn't  appear to have been distributed  by the server.  I was NOT
CC'd  on it nor have I seen and comments to my e-mail which  I thought  would
generate some discussion.

Maybe my initial message listing numerous  references  -  sources was TOO
LONG  to be distributed.

Here is an edited version:

Background:
Check the SEAINT archives for my previous message on this issue.

http://24.7.86.152/group/seaint/2001a/msg02473.html
http://24.7.86.152/group/seaint/2000b/msg00742.html

Here's something new
======================================

I have previously noted in prior message threads,   Take a look at the  "HALL
OF SHAME"  database.  Using the  "FREEDOM OF INFORMATION  ACT"  a website has
been developed  listing the LCA's   (Labor Condition Applications)  for H-1b
workers.

Have you seen it?    You might want to take another look as the website has
recently been  updated, upgraded   and EXPANDED.

Check out      www.zazona.com/shameh1b

There are now upwards of ONE MILLION RECORDS   !!!!!!!!

Try searching on Civil Engineering firms  (there is unfortunately no breakout
for the structural discipline)  but you should be able to recognize the
companies.  See what salaries some companies  are offering H-1B workers.
While some are competitive (i.e.:  $69,000  for a structural engineer)    you
SHOULD be able to find Civil Engineers for less than  $40,000

A summation for the records for the engineering disciplines indicates an
AVERAGE SALARY of less than  $40,000.

see    http://www.zazona.com/shameh1b/Demographics.htm

But engineers shouldn't be TOO upset!
Try  searching the database for architects

I think you should be able to find architect's salaries  at less than
$26,000!!!!!

SO where are engineers on this issue??
check       www.institute.ieee.org/INST/dec98/ethics.html

Edited
Edited  edited  Edited
More Editing

=====================================

I offer the following websites  to provide additional information.

www.zazona.com/CASH
http://www.technotimes.org/010321A.pdf

Sincerely,

Robert B. Johnson
Buffalo  Grove,  IL   60089

PS:   Congrat's to SEAINT  and NCSEA!!!

>   You have been inducted into  SKUNKS.org

Check the following:

  http://www.zazona.com/shameh1b/Skunks.htm

Don't sweat it!
Consider it an honor!!!
You're in good company with all the many engineering societies that shill for
H-1b labor.