RE: Q: Moving To A Larger Hard Drive

I'm not sure if you can do this as a "user". I admit to not being an expert
on system BIOS, but it seems like you have too many motherboard-specific
parts in a BIOS just to upgrade 'generically.'

And Windows NT/2000 are not "Dos-based." They really are fully-fledged OSes
from the ground up, and work in a completely different way from Windows 9x.
The instructions given by the HD manufacturer (in this case Maxtor) are that
the runtime BIOS patches (e.g. OnTrack, EZ Drive) will NOT work with any
other than DOS-based systems, because the "advanced" OSes don't allow
exclusive control of low-level hardware control to programs outside the OS.

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas
Phone 281-492-2251