From: David Sharp [mailto:Ausgang(--nospam--at)e46fanatics.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2001 2:17 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Drift

Single story, 13' high, auto sales showroom, 45' x 52' All glass walls, 8
exterior tube columns, no x-bracing.  Glass units frame between columns.

What is appropriate allowable drift?

It depends.  I'd run 'R' compound tires on that surface and set the back
swaybars to 3/4 and the front sways to full, deactivate the
traction-control, and bring the speed up smoothly until I get a nice even
four wheel drift.  ;-)

As for x-bracing, the standard x-bracing from the new M3 works well . . .
and don't forget to bring your helmet to the track.

David Sharp
BMW CCA Member #168622