From: syed faiz ahmad [mailto:syedfaiz23(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2001 2:50 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Imperial Units

Well, actually the ENGLISH or IMPERIAL units (as far as my knowledge about
the subjec goes) are  basically one & the same thing. The US CUSTOMARY is
derived from the ENGLISH/IMPERIAL units. By far this is (as mentioned by
your goodself) the only difference that i have encountered between these two

sisters. That is 1 US GALLON = 0.883 IMP. GALLON  OR
1 IMP. GALLON =1.2 US GALLON. I would be interested to learn about other
venues of differences (if any ?) as well. Regards,

SYED FAIZ AHMAD