Block information

Hello fellows

Does anybody know how to extract block information from a dwg file?
The information I need is the X, Y & Z coordinates of the inserted points and the name associated with the blocks.
I tried to define a template in a notepad file with the following fields: BL:X, BL:Y, BL:Z and BL:NAME and to create a block entity with the same tag attributes. However the extract operation was not successful. AutoCAD prompted a command message, informing that there weren't any attributes fields defined.
I appreciate some help about this matter.
Thanks in advance

J. Ramos