Block information

As far as getting the x-, y-, z- points of the block, type, "id" at the
command line, then type "ins", click on the block and AutoCad will give
you the x-, y-, z- insert points of the block.

To save this information to a file, a short AutoLISP routine could be written
that would save the ".x", ".y" and ".z" coordinates to a file.

As far as the block name, I'm sorry, but I can't give any suggestions on that.

HTH

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Jorge Ramos wrote:

. > Hello fellows

. > Does anybody know how to extract block information from a dwg file?
. > The information I need is the X, Y & Z coordinates of the inserted points
. > and the name associated with the blocks.
. > I tried to define a template in a notepad file with the following fields:
. > BL:X, BL:Y, BL:Z and BL:NAME and to create a block entity with the same
. > tag attributes. However the extract operation was not successful. AutoCAD
. > prompted a command message, informing that there weren't any attributes
. > fields defined.

. > I appreciate some help about this matter.
. > Thanks in advance