From: Paul Feather [mailto:pfeather(--nospam--at)san.rr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 11:38 AM
To: SEAOC List
Subject: ASCE Wind Speed Criteria

We do not have a problem with this project other than the owners eyes glazing over as we endeavor to explain the differences between three second gust and fastest mile wind speeds and why it is appropriate to design for higher wind speed requirements than the jurisdiction specified.  But I thought the experience interesting, and am curious if others are encountering similar situations.