RE: ASCE Wind Speed Criteria

That's my point. I should mention this guy is an "old-timer," who worked for years in the industrial/petrochemical end of things. They have never used "building codes" per se in that industry, and don't to this day.

Most of the time they'd just stipulate some uniform pressure to represent wind when designing a pipe rack or some such, and that's what he knows.

FWIW, I find myself firmly in support of mandatory continuing education for engineer licensure, and that's one example why.

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas