From: Bill Polhemus <bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: ASCE Wind Speed Criteria
Date: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 2:41 PM

That's my point. I should mention this guy is an "old-timer," who worked
for
years in the industrial/petrochemical end of things. They have never used
"building codes" per se in that industry, and don't to this day.

Most of the time they'd just stipulate some uniform pressure to represent
wind when designing a pipe rack or some such, and that's what he knows.

FWIW, I find myself firmly in support of mandatory continuing education for
engineer licensure, and that's one example why.
William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas