Question for the snow gurus

I've designed a ski lodge where the snow load is 150 psf on a
5/12 pitch roof.  The owner has asked about putting log railings
on the roof to help keep the snow on the roof, and not on the ground
in front of the windows and doors.  I am trying to determine what force
to design the connection to the roof system.  UBC Appendix 1648
gives a force to design for vertical obstructions.  However, this seems
very excessive, especially when compared to what I've observed on
other roof systems.  Anyone know of any other guidelines to follow,
or procedure?

Thanks,
Dan Goodrich, P.E.
Utah